Group 70 IT Professional Services Contract provides for all IT-related professional services.
Benefits of IT Schedule 70: Schedule 70 gives federal agencies the ability to use a single contract to procure simple to complex fixed-price or labor hour IT professional services. When using Schedule 70 to acquire the professional services, agencies can:
- Use simplified acquisition procedures to issue a Request for Quotation (RFQ) using either your agency’s solicitation system or GSA’s eBuy solicitation system, or issue an RFQ directly to contractors using your agency’s procedures.
- Allow unique Contractor Team Arrangements to bring a wide variety of industry partners to the negotiating table.
- Customize terms and conditions in task orders – or through Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs) – to meet specific requirements.
- Be assured that required FAR terms and conditions are incorporated into the contract.
- Ensure adequate participation by small businesses, including setting aside RFQs for various socioeconomic subgroups.
- Save time by using the streamlined procurement procedures of FAR Subpart 8.4.
Of special note are BPAs. These are innovative vehicles for satisfying agency-wide acquisition requirements. BPAs are established to fill recurring needs and can be agency-specific or apply to multiple agencies for requirements consolidation. The advantages of a BPA are:
- Reduced administrative costs and time
- Potential for additional quantity discounts
- Funds not obligated unless an order is placed against the BPA
- Orders can be of any size, and made at any frequency
- No “best value” selection requirements for each order
- The timelines to make an award under the GSA contract can be as little as three business days